Sunday, January 21, 2007

Ubuntu

This weekend I've downloaded and installed the latest Ubuntu, and its fantastic! The last time I had used Ubuntu, it was just another Linux distribution. But there are loads of new features in this one.
  1. The battery monitor works perfectly, and is installed by default. (I have a laptop)
  2. Sounds and display works perfectly. (Wasn't any problem in the earlier version, but still)
  3. Best features of all: suspend and hibernate work perfectly!
Even apart from these features, everything looks just so...smooth.

There was no problem in enabling media players to play avi's, mp3's, encrypted dvd's and whatnot. The documentation on the forums is excellent. Will put up the screenshots later.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am in fact grateful to the holder of this site who has shared this great paragraph at at this place.
My webpage - how to obtain a home loan with bad credit

1:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home